Hits

Saturday, December 14, 2013

SEA Games: Singapore boxer breaks rival's nose but loses

ALL content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.
http://www.tnp.sg/content/singapore-boxer-breaks-rivals-nose-loses

He was in his element in the ring, even breaking the nose of his opponent midway through the match.

But 26-year-old Ridhwan Ahmad was left in tears after his semi-final at the Wunna Theikdi Sports Complex, as the jurors ruled 3-0 in favour of Filipino Junel Cantancio.

He was forced to settle for a bronze, which he also won in Palembang two years ago.

“In the third round, I saw his head bob back and I thought that was enough,” the 60kg fighter told The New Paper, his eyes still red. It was all-or-nothing by then, and I could see he was hurt so I went for it. I’m sure the punches hurt him, but it wasn’t enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment