Hits

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympics: Phelps claims record 19th Games medal

ALL content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.
http://ht.ly/1lLI7w

Michael Phelps became the most decorated Olympian of all time when he won his 19th medal on Tuesday.

Having drawn level with Larisa Latynina by winning silver in the men's 200m butterfly early on Tuesday evening, Phelps passed the Soviet gymnast when USA won the 4x200m freestyle relay.

After anchoring the US team to a dominant victory, Phelps now has 15 gold, two silver and two bronze medal from his four Olympic Games.

The Bob Bowman-trained athlete paid tribute to his three relay team-mates, and said: "I thanked those guys (in the huddle) for helping get to this moment.

"I told those guys I wanted a big lead in the last leg and they gave it to me.

"I just wanted to hold on, I just wanted to thank them for allowing me to have this moment.''

No comments:

Post a Comment