Hits

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BPL: Pienaar completes Everton return

ALL content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.
http://ht.ly/1lLuOS

Everton have bolstered their midfield by re-signing Steven Pienaar from Tottenham for £4.5million on a four-year deal.

Pienaar left Goodison Park for Tottenham in January 2011 but failed to make an impression under then-boss Harry Redknapp and spent the second half of last season back at Everton on loan.

It proved to be an inspired move, with Pienaar playing a key role as Everton finished seventh in the Barclays Premier League.

Neither he nor boss David Moyes made any secret of attempting to make the move a permanent one and Pienaar expressed his joy after the transfer was completed on Tuesday.

He told evertontv: "I am happy to be here. It took a few weeks to sort out but I am delighted to be back and excited to play for Everton.

"There was no doubt in my mind that I would be back here. At the end of the season I told the manager how I felt and I am happy now it is all done."

No comments:

Post a Comment