Hits

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Singapore Olympic Foundation - Peter Lim Scholarship handed out to 270 recipients

ALL content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1213858/1/.html

Two hundred and seventy people received the Singapore Olympic Foundation - Peter Lim Scholarship on Monday.

The scholarships, amounting to a total of S$746,000, were awarded to athletes in sports as varied as athletics, football, table tennis and swimming.

Recipients received between S$1,000 and S$10,000.

The foundation on Monday invited six-time world champion swimmer Mark Foster to give a talk to aspiring athletes.

He said that, like the scholarship recipients, he had a good start.

Foster said: "I got a sports scholarship, very much like what Peter Lim is doing here. I got a sports scholarship to go to Milford school. At the age of 13, I went there. My family could not afford to send me there. I went there and trained with some of the best swimmers in the world, the best swimmers in the country. It was on the back of that my career really, really accelerated."

No comments:

Post a Comment