Hits

Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympics: Weightlifter Helena Wong out but happy with Olympic debut

ALL content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.
http://www.straitstimes.com/London/2012/Story/STIStory_827600.html

She may have been almost 20kg off her personal best, but weightlifter Helena Wong remains content with her debut at the Olympics.

She lifted a combined 134kg in the women's 53kg category on Sunday at the ExCel Arena, finishing last out of 15 competitors.

Her personal best is a combined 153kg.

Said Wong, who received a late unused quota place to London: 'I've only started training for this six weeks ago, and I'm carrying a wrist injury. So I'm very happy with my lift.

'The experience in London has been very good. The Brits even cheered for me when I was competing so that was very nice.'

No comments:

Post a Comment