Hits

Friday, May 11, 2012

Serie A: Veteran defender Nesta quits AC Milan

AC Milan's World Cup-winning defender Alessandro Nesta confirmed on Thursday that he will quit the Serie A side after ten years with speculation rife that he intends to join Major League Soccer (MLS) side New York Red Bulls.

'This is my last season at Milan,' the 36-year-old told a press conference.

'I have taken stock, and the rhythm of Serie A, the Champions League and the Italian Cup meant I couldn't play all the time.

'It doesn't suit me to sit on the bench and if I don't feel important I prefer to stay at home.'

ORIGINAL SOURCE: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Sport/Story/STIStory_797393.html
Content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment