Hits

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ruud van Nistelrooy retires at 35

'Yesterday I played my last match as a professional,' Van Nistelrooy, 35, told a news conference.

'I think the moment has come for me to stop playing football - I have reached my physical limit,' he added. 'But there could be no better way to say goodbye than this, in a euphoric moment for Malaga,' which on Sunday won a place in next season's Champion's League with a fourth-place finish in Spain's La Liga.

During his two-decade career, Van Nistelrooy was crowned top scorer in three countries - The Netherlands, England and Spain. With 60 goals in the Champions League, he remains that competition's second-highest scorer, behind Raul of Spain.

SOURCE: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Sport/Story/STIStory_798795.html
Content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment