Hits

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sec 3 boy stabbed by classmate in school

The incident happened at Anderson Secondary School in Ang Mo Kio on Thursday at about 10am.

Sim Jingwen, 15, had told his classmate not to be rude to their teacher, and ended up getting stabbed on his left arm with a penknife.

Jingwen said: "The teacher asked him a question and he shouted at the teacher. He said, 'Don't know lah! Don't ask me, ask others can?'

"I asked him to talk to the teacher nicely and he told me to shut up."

The Secondary 3 student said that after the lesson, he approached the classmate, whom he is not very close to, and they quarrelled.

The teacher saw them and broke them apart.

"Then my classmate went to talk to another teacher outside the class and cried. When my friend and I walked past him, my friend told him not to cry," Jingwen said.

"He was very angry and wanted to punch my friend. But I blocked the punch with my arm. I didn't know he had a penknife in between his fingers."

Jingwen realised he was bleeding only when his friend pointed out that blood was spurting from the wound.

"There was a lot of blood spurting out, and it stained the wall and the floors all the way from my classroom on the second storey to the general office," he added.

The school then called for an ambulance and Jingwen was given outpatient treatment at the hospital.

Asked if he was angry with his classmate for injuring him, Jingwen said: "I'm not sure if I'm still angry. If he gets expelled, his education will be affected but he deserves it. "This whole thing wasn't my fault. He didn't apologise to me."

A police spokesman said a student was arrested for voluntarily causing grievous hurt.

Investigations are ongoing.

ORIGINAL SOURCE
Content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment