Hits

Monday, December 12, 2011

Opponent 'saved my life', says knocked-out keeper

Rochdale goalkeeper David Lucas, who was knocked unconscious in an English third division match against Sheffield United, credited quick-thinking opponent Richard Creswell for saving his life on Sunday.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57257000/jpg/_57257642_davidlucas_getty.jpg

'I've been told Cressy put me in the recovery position and stopped me swallowing my tongue,' said the goalkeeper in a League One game where his team lost 3-0.

http://i.eurosport.com/2011/12/11/790140-13471991-317-238.jpg

The keeper collided with United defender Neill Collins just before half-time of Saturday's match and collapsed to the ground before Cresswell, Lucas's former Preston team-mate, put the 34-year-old into the recovery position to stop him from swallowing his own tongue.

'As dramatic as it sounds to say he saved my life, maybe he did,' Lucas told the BBC. 'It was lucky on my part that someone as sensible and quick-thinking like 'Cressy' reacted as quickly as he did.'

ORIGINAL SOURCE
Content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment