Hits

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thank you for keeping my belongings safe, man from beef noodles stall (Blk 339 AMK)

STOMPer Glenn Cham is very grateful to a man from the beef noodles stall at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1. He had left his belongings behind at the coffeeshop after lunch, but the man noticed the bag and kept it for the STOMPer.
http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/515326/thumbnail/thank_you_for_keeping_belongings_safe_man_from_beef_noodles-thumbnail.jpg
"I had gone for lunch with one of my colleagues this afternoon (15th of December) at Blk 339 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1.

"After lunch, I forgot to take my bag which included my wallet (about $300 cash) and my mobile phone.

"I only realised that I had left my stuff behind after about 5 minutes' drive from the coffeeshop.

"At the same time, my office called up my colleague and told him that someone has found my stuff at the same coffeeshop.

"We went back to the coffeeshop immediately.

"After spotting me, the man from the beef noodles stall immediately handed over my bag, wallet and handphone and told me that he saw my things while he was clearing his plates.

"He apologised that he had opened up my wallet in order to retrieve my office number from my name card.

"I gave him $200 as a token of appreciation but he rejected it.

"He smiled at me and told me '好人有好报' (good things will come to good people).

"I must compliment this man for his kind heart.

"It's heartwarming to see that such kind people exist.

COPIED AND PASTED FROM THIS LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment