Hits

Friday, October 22, 2010

Man U stars set for life without Rooney

MANCHESTER United stars have reacted to Wayne Rooney's shock revelation that he wants to leave Old Trafford by insisting they can cope without the England striker.

Rooney's team-mates were happy to have their say about his attack on United's lack of ambition after their 1-0 win over Bursaspor in the Champions League on Wednesday. And United left-back Patrice Evra had no qualms about telling Rooney to leave if he isn't enjoying life at Old Trafford.

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20101021/manu.jpg

man u stars playing mother hen and eagle

'If one player in the team doesn't trust the others he should not play in the team,' Evra told the London Evening Standard. 'Me, I'm not in that point. I trust everyone and I know we can win. It's true no one wants to lose Wayne Rooney, he is one of our best players. But I'm not Wayne, I'm not Manchester United or Sir Alex Ferguson. I can't answer for him.

'I think the target here is to win back the title and we're focused on that. I've been here four years and when we didn't win the league last year I was so upset because at United you need to win every time; that's the pressure we have. If a player is not happy with that pressure he should go.' LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment