Hits

Monday, October 15, 2012

Humanitarian trip to Khalifatullah Orphanage in Batam, Indonesia

ALL content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

My apologies for the lack of news updates over the weekend. I was involved in my organization's humanitarian trip to Batam, Indonesia at the Khalifatullah Orphanage on 13 and 14 October 2012.

I also took my family along with me.

It was an excellent trip. My family was able to take some time off to break from the norm AND help to make the world a better place in our own little way at the same time.

May we also remind ourselves that no matter how bad we think our lives are, we are actually very fortunate. Others have it worse yet they keep fighting on. May we also remind ourselves to help others whenever we can.

Those are the lessons I hope to instil in my son.
Sat, 13 Oct 2012 - just arrived.
Singing session with the kids.
We also hung out with the kids playing soccer, captain's ball,
painting the rooms at their new annex and treating them to a buffet dinner.
My son (in green) with some kids.
And we have light!
Other than gifts, before we called it a day, we also presented the
Khalifatullah Orphanage with an electric generator with the money we
raised in our organization's recently-concluded Ramadhan Charity Drive.
We hope this small act of kindness may result in less disruptions for the kids there
in their pursuit for knowledge, especially when there are blackouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment