Hits

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Serie A: Inzaghi calls time on AC Milan career

The wind of change continues to sweep through AC Milan with news that club favourite Filippo Inzaghi will leave the San Siro in the summer.

The 38-year-old confirmed the news in an open letter to fans on the club's website and the development follows soon after both Alessandro Nesta and Gennaro Gattuso announced their departures from the Rossoneri.

Inzaghi has been at Milan since joining from Juventus in 2001 and has scored 125 goals in 296 games for Milan.

"Dear Milan fans, when I got to the club you didn't know this. I was in a hotel room and couldn't leave so as not to compromise the negotiations between Juventus and Milan. The first weeks, the first months, you studied me and we watched each other," Inzaghi wrote in a letter addressed to fans.

"Then we fell in love. That evening against Torino. You were angry, things weren't going well on the field and you were in silence. I started warming up and the roar you gave me made us win the match, pushing us into the Champions League and towards that final in Manchester."

"Ciao Carlo Ancelotti, I won a lot with you. Ciao to my wonderful fans who followed me the world over with affection and passion. Ciao to my team mates from today and yesterday.

"Last of all allow me to thank my family, my mother Marina, my father Giancarlo, Simone and Tommaso. I never would have got here without you. You're my strength. My dear Milan, I'm leaving you only because that the way life goes. The moment has come and you know it as well."

ORIGINAL SOURCE: http://ht.ly/1jFFRr
Content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment