Hits

Friday, May 11, 2012

BPL: Defoe set for Tottenham exit

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe has confirmed that he asked to leave the club in January.

The England striker has found it hard to break into the Spurs starting line-up this term with Harry Redknapp preferring a pairing of Emmanuel Adebaypr and Rafael van der Vaart.

Defoe has started just 11 games and he admits that he did ask to leave the club in January - with Liverpool very strongly linked with a move for him.

"I didn't want to leave. I don't go thinking, 'I want to go to this club or that club.'" he told the Daily Mirror.

"I love the club. Everybody knows that. When I'm out and people ask whether I am leaving I always say no. But how can I stay somewhere that I don't get the chance to play?"

ORIGINAL SOURCE: http://ht.ly/1jEo0t
Content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment