Hits

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

MSL: Kelantan show Butler the door

Less than four months after he took the reins at 2011 Malaysian Super League (MSL) champions Kelantan, Englishman Peter Butler has parted ways with the state team.

A public spat over management interference in technical matters saw the 45-year-old frozen out of team affairs on Feb 24, and at a press conference yesterday.

"I'm standing up for what I believe in, and I'm leaving with the team on top of the league, into the second round of the FA Cup, playing good football - and my dignity intact," said the former West Ham United midfielder.

"There's no loyalty in football these days, if clubs don't like coaches, they just get rid of them," he added.

"I'm sad and disappointed to leave and I will miss the support of the passionate Kelantan fans who love football and know what I'm about. I don't really know what's next ... I'm open to talking with anyone who needs a coach who can build teams, develop young players and play open attacking football."

Former Shandong Luneng assistant coach Bojan Hodak is said to be next in line for the job.

ORIGINAL SOURCE
Content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment