Hits

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Soldier's Marriage Proposal On Wrong Voicemail

A search has begun to find a British soldier who left an emotional voicemail proposing to his girlfriend on the wrong phone number.

Diane Potts

Diane Potts was the woman who was mistakenly proposed to

The heart-rending message lasts around 90 seconds, with the man declaring his love for a pregnant girl called Samantha back in England and asking her to marry him.

"I love you so much, I love you with all my heart and I was going to ask you... don't answer... obviously you can't answer. But, will you marry me?"

In the recording he also speaks about the fact that his girlfriend is about to give birth to his child.

"I don't know what to say babes. I can't wait till you give birth to my baby, my little soldier. I'll do everything in my heart and I'll try my hardest to fight to protect you.

"I love you with all my heart. Don't ever forget that. I love you alright Samantha? I love you. Bye bye."

He says he will return from duty in three months but will try ringing again next month.

But if he calls the same number, it will be mother-of three Diane Potts he speaks to - not Samantha.

Mrs Potts picked up the surprising message when she returned to her home in Gateshead after work.

The 44-year-old told Sky News Online: "I just felt really quite emotional when I heard it.

"It was just so lovely. I got a bit of a shock actually. I felt like I shouldn't really be listening, it was such a personal message so I just had to do something about it.

"I emailed the media to see if anybody could pick it up and do something about.

"He had a regional accent but we're not sure if he lives up here so it's great to get coverage and find her.

"We just really want to find her."

She said the caller spoke with what sounded like a Sunderland accent and did not sound much older than 18.

The story has been covered extensively in British media so hopefully the mystery caller will soon get the answer he wants to his all-important question.

ORIGINAL SOURCE

Disclaimer: Content used in this blog is courtesy of their respective owners

No comments:

Post a Comment